We are currently recruiting for a Clinical Director – Mental Health Services in Dublin.
The Clinical Director will be required to provide overall clinical leadership for the Healthcare’s mental health services and will be accountable for the planning and development of services, ensure effective systems of clinical governance and the optimum management of available resources.
While the CEO has responsibility for the overall hospital resources (budget, staffing etc.), the Clinical Director has responsibility for the resources and other decisions regarding medical services within the hospital.
The Clinical Director shall be supported by the Mental Health Management team and the necessary business management and nurse management resources.
The primary role of the Clinical Director is to deploy and manage consultants and other resources, plan how services are delivered, contribute to the process of strategic planning and influence, and respond to organisational priorities.
Key duties and responsibilities, include, but not limited to the following:
- Accountability for the efficient, effective, and optimal safe delivery of mental health services within the Approved Centre and community service components in conjunction with CEO and senior management, nursing, clinical and support service colleagues. Specifically leading the development of an integrated care model across the acute mental health services encompassing both inpatient, day hospital and community-based treatment options.
- In conjunction with the Head of Mental Health Services/Director of Nursing MH, lead the development and execution of the annual Operational Plan for the Healthcare’s mental health services
- Monitoring and controlling actual performance against planned clinical, business and budgetary performance indicators.
- Agreeing annual Practice Plans with individual Consultants and monitoring implementation. Performance indicators to be aligned with regulatory, clinical governance and health insurance requirements.
- Fostering and implementing team working.
- Implementing the measures required to meet Mental Health Commission full compliance standards, as may be deemed appropriate.
- Implementing and compliance with risk management policy and provisions.
- Participating in the grievance and disciplinary procedures in line with corporate policy, as required.
- Ensure a consistency of approach across Healthcare in relation to application of corporate and ethical standards / clinical protocols in accordance with best practice.
- Contributing to effective communications within the mental health service and wider organisation were deemed appropriate, and with external stakeholders.
- Supporting clinical teaching and education and continuing professional development.
- Meet the specific duties aligned to Clinical Directors in Psychiatry pursuant to the Mental Health Act, 2001.
- Participating in the recruitment of permanent, temporary and locum staff as required.
- Engaging with Service Users and Representatives and actively include the Service User perspective in Service Management.
- Responsibility for all medical staff including delivery of all contractual obligations.
- Responsibility and authority for clinical effectiveness and outcomes including management of adverse events and ensuring that there are robust quality and safety systems in place.
- Actively engage in the organisation’s Clinical Governance Committee in respect of the mental health services and to ensure oversight of the clinical audit function, again within the mental health services.
- To be actively involved in communicating the developments within the Healthcare organisation and across the medical community of consultants and general medical practitioners and wider community on social media, as deemed appropriate. This may involve the post holder representing the Healthcare organisation at external events, conferences etc.
Key Competencies for the job are:
- Leadership and Direction
- Operational Direction
- Operation Excellence
- Managing in a Complex Environment
- Critical Analysis and Decision Making
- Working with and Through Others
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Personal Commitment and Motivation
You are in good hands with Lincoln Healthcare Recruitment, your trusted Healthcare Recruitment Specialists. We are proud to be one of the leaders in supplying healthcare professionals all across Ireland.