If you are an effective, enthusiastic, forward thinking Social Worker looking to progress your career, this is your opportunity to enhance your career.
If you want to make a difference to the life’s of children and foster families this is an opportunity for you….
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Social Worker to join One of Ireland’s Leading foster services. This leading independent foster service operates nationwide.
The location of this role is home based two days with office three days.
This role involves travel across Dublin and Kildare. All mileage and travel expenses paid.
Contract: This is a permanent fulltime position, offering a very attractive package depending on experience.
Salary ranges from €44,875 -61,431 per annum, plus on call allowance of €3,000 per annum.
Benefits: Pension scheme, maternity leave scheme, flexible working patterns, monthly clinical supervision and various continued professional development fully paid.
Team structure – 7 Social workers, 2 x Team leaders, 1 Principle, Social Worker. You will work closely with a therapeutic team (Play therapist, Occupational Therapist, Educational officer and Psychotherapist)
Purpose of post: To provide quality assessments of prospective foster carers, in line with the national standards, while employed as an independent social worker.
- To provide quality support and supervision to foster carers and supported lodgings carers to ensure the delivery of a safe and effective service to foster carers and children placed within the service.
- To ensure that the service is compliant with regulations and national standards as well as company policy and procedures.
- To build and maintain excellent working relationships with relevant employees in TUSLA for whom we provide a service and identify any problem areas and opportunities for development.
- To maintain high standards of professional practice within their own workload and to promote and enhance such practice within the team and service as a whole.
- To facilitate training with foster carers where required
- To work in close co-operation with the referrals manager and coordinator to ensure all referral are dealt with through the referral process, in line with carers approval and within the regulations and standards for foster care.
- All employees are required to ensure compliance with the company’s guidance and policy on safeguarding and are required to attend and/or or complete child protection training (Children’s First).
- A recognised qualification as a Social Worker
- Registration with CORU essential
- Previous experience of working with children and families
- Experience of working for a statutory agency
- Detailed knowledge of relevant legislation
- Knowledge of recent Government initiatives
- Using sensitivity and observation skills to identify the needs of others in order to assess how they can be met
- Ability to work in a pressured environment
- Evidence of commitment to continued professional developmental
- A full drivers’ licence with access to a car
- Available to start work as soon as possible
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience supplying Allied Health and Social Care professionals across acute hospitals, community, primary care facilities, mental health services, disability services, social care organisations within the Public and Private sector across Ireland.
To discuss this fantastic role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by Phone: 01- 9637070 or 085-8768218 to discuss this exciting opportunity.
#fostercare #socialworker #safeguadingchildrens #childprotection #socialwork#jobsforsocialworkers #profesionallyqualifiedsocialwork #socialworker #southdublin #hybridjob #meathjob #kildarejobs #fostercareopportunity#lincolnhealthcare