Lincoln Healthcare have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Psychologist to join an dynamic, innovative, friendly Children’s disability team based in Blanchardstown.
We are looking for candidates who are committed to supporting children with complex needs and disabilities and their families, in a family and person centred, community based, socially inclusive manner in accordance with our core values and ethos and underpinned by quality, best practice and research.
As a Senior Clinical Psychologist, you will join the Children’s disability team (0-18 team) and work with a highly motivated interdisciplinary children’s disability network team.
This is a Permanent, fulltime position Monday to Friday 35 hours per week. This role offers a very attractive package of €84,271 – €93,059 per annum, plus a very supportive team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure that each person with an intellectual disability is treated with the utmost respect and dignity.
- To attend supervision with the nominated Senior Professional within your profession ( this may be the Head Of Department or another ) to support monitoring of caseloads in order that service users and families receive optimum benefit from the psychological service.
- To attend clinical supervision on a regular basis to ensure high quality service delivery.
- Participate in the supervision of basic grade psychologists and the training of psychology students as necessary.
- Working within the agreed policies and codes of practice within the psychology profession.
- To maintain a high standard in relation to assessment, diagnostic, therapeutic and recording procedures.
- Undertake psychological assessments and carry out appropriate therapy for service users and those referred to the service on a residential or day attendance basis.
- Initiate, implement and monitor interventions as appropriate to the professional standards of a psychologist..
- Provide on-going support, information and assistance to employees working with service users.
- Maintaining collaborative working relationships with psychology colleagues and other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- To work as part of the multi disciplinary team and participate in case conferences as requested.
You are a potential candidate if you have the following
- A recognised university degree or diploma with first- or second-class honours in which Psychology was taken as major subject and honours obtained in that subject, and A post-graduate professional qualification in psychology, recognized by the Psychological Society of Ireland.
- At least 5 years post-graduate experience as a professional psychologist, no more than three years of which was spent in gaining the post-graduate professional qualification and no less than two years full-time spent in post qualification experience as a professional psychologist
- Possess the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and management ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office and including an interest and experience in working with Children with intellectual disabilities, complex needs and with or without a diagnosis of autism, who have psychological support needs.
- Applicants with qualifications obtained outside of Ireland must provide a certificate of validation of their qualifications from the Department of Health.
- Consolidated pay-scale rates plus comprehensive annual leave and pension*
- Wellness at Work
- Friendly culture
- Ongoing supportive, empowering leadership
- Specialist clinical training, professional supervision, career development and support
- Ongoing opportunities to progress your career
If you are a Senior Clinical Psychologist dedicated to improving the lives of children with disabilities and if you want to play a pivotal role in truly making a difference to the lives of children with disabilities, then this is your calling!
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience supplying Allied Health and Social Care professionals across acute hospitals, community, primary care facilities, mental health services, disability services, social care organisations within the Public and Private sector across Ireland.
To discuss this fantastic role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by Phone: 01- 9637070 or 085-8768218 to discuss this exciting opportunity.
#seniorclinicalpsychologist #disabilitypsychologist #seniorpsychologist #clinicalpsychologist #childrenservices #psychologistforchildren #autism #learningdisabilities #psychologysupports #seniorpsychologyjob #childpsychologyjob #dublinjob #lincolnhealthcare