Are you a highly skilled Occupational Therapist ready for a fresh challenge? Would you like to join a positive thinking, supportive CAMHS team?
I am recruiting a Senior Occupational Therapist to join a Psychiatric hospital in the Dublin south region of Ireland.
Our specialist client is looking for a Senior Occupational Therapist for it’s well established 12 bedded CAMHS service, which supports young people with eating disorders.
This is a great opportunity to develop your skills and drive some exciting developments within a complex and fast-paced environment.
This is a fulltime, permanent position, the salary being offered will be attractive, based on skills & experience. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills and drive some exciting developments within a complex and fast-paced environment.
Salary €54,000-€64,000 depending on experience, there are a list of excellent benefits on offer with this position for example: Pension, onsite parking, onsite gym, subsidised restaurant, subsidised pharmacy, promotional opportunities and much more!
I am interested to speak with candidates with positive attitudes, enthusiasm and creativity. You will be joining a supportive, forward-thinking team who prides themselves on building positive therapeutic relationships.
The Senior Occupational Therapist will:
- Take responsibility for the development, service delivery and management of the Occupational Therapy Service within the Young Persons unit.
- To review and evaluate the Occupational Therapy Services regularly to identify changing needs and opportunities to improve services.
- To be an active member of the multidisciplinary team, working collaboratively to create person cantered care plans and establishing person cantered treatment goals, communicating and working in co-operation with other disciplines and attend case conferences and Team meetings as necessary.
- To assess and plan person cantered group and individual occupational therapy treatment programs for the young people within the unit, and to be responsible for the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of such programs/ individual interventions which may be carried out and or facilitated by the Occupational Therapist or other appropriate staff (instructors etc)
- To participate in Performance Development and Review on an annual basis. Participate in regular clinical supervision with the Head of Department. Engage in/facilitate peer supervision with departmental and or MDT colleagues as appropriate.
- To direct and supervise Basic Grade Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy students as appropriate.
- To liaise with other disciplines and agencies as appropriate.
- To facilitate co-operation and good working relationships within the unit and its MDT and the Department.
- To take part in regular evaluations and reviews of the Units Occupational Therapy Services ensuring appropriate cost-effective development of resources.
- To take responsibility for and participate in the units, departmental and multidisciplinary clinical audits as designated by the Head Occupational Therapist.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Degree in Occupational Therapy. Eligibility for membership to the Association of Occupational Therapists of Ireland (AOTI)
• Minimum 3 years post qualification experience
• Previous experience of working on a CAMHS team/eating disorder setting
• Experience of facilitating individual and group therapy
• Demonstrates ability to lead by example and adapts leadership style to suit the demands of the CAMHS service.
• Previous experience managing and developing self and others in a busy working environment.
• Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team and collaborate well with others
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and hardworking Occupational therapist with experience of working with children, young people and families.