Are you a Senior Occupational Therapist with proven experience in Physical Rehabilitation, in an acute setting?
Would you like to be part of a strong and developing, top class service who are renowned for their commitment to providing the best care?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join a state of the art, top-class step-down care facility located in the north Dublin area.
This is a unique opportunity to join a well-established multidisciplinary team. This role offers you an opportunity to further develop significant knowledge and experience in areas such as physical disabilities, obesity, post stroke, respite, step down carte, chronic illness and/or complex age-related conditions,
Role: The Occupational Therapist will provide reablement and developmental therapy and support services for patients in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team (MDT). The postholder will direct patient participation in selected tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance; they will facilitate the learning of skills and functions essential for adaptation and productivity, diminish or correct pathology, and promote and maintain health.
Contract: This is a permanent contract, full-time hours Monday -Friday. The salary is in accordance with Department of Health & Children Regulations and HSE consolidated pay scales: Occupational Therapist Senior Scale €57,450- €67,645 per annum.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tests and evaluates patients for therapy and support needs; assesses availability of community facilities, equipment, and/or services.
- Plans, organises, and conducts occupational therapy programs designed to help patients regain physical or mental functioning or to adjust to their disabilities.
- Active participation in regular MDT meetings, including goal setting and discharge planning
- Monitors patient progress; prepares and maintains records and reports as appropriate for the Director of Clinical Services, ensuring adherence to procedural safeguards and confidentiality requirements.
- Adheres to all centres policy on best practice in infection control and related issues
- Involved in homecare applications and home visits when required
- Partake in all relevant investigations and complaints reports as part of the MDT
Applicants must have the following essential criteria:
- Must be registered with CORU
- Have post graduate experience working in a respite, step down facility would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relevant approaches used when working with physical disabilities, obesity, post stroke, respite, step down carte, chronic illness and/or complex age-related conditions.
- Knowledge of occupational therapy services, facilities and equipment.
- Ability to assess individual patient needs.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining patient records.
- Knowledge of a range of therapy methods and techniques.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Ability to fabricate and fit a range of adaptive devices for individual patients and to instruct in their use and maintenance.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience supplying Allied Health and Social Care professionals across acute hospitals, community, primary care facilities, mental health services, disability services, social care organisations within the Public and Private sector across Ireland.
To discuss this fantastic role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by Phone: 01- 9637070 or 085-8768218 to discuss this exciting opportunity.
#occupationaltherapistdevelopmentaltherapy#stepdown#transitionalcare#complex#rehabilitation#occupationaltherapistjob#senioroccupationaltherapist #jobsforot’s #coru #mdt #lincolnhealthcare#ahp