Are you passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of people with Mental Health difficulties?
A very exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Social Worker to join a 200 bedded Psychiatric Hospital in South Dublin. This Psychiatric hospital is highly renowned and currently has an specialist adolescent in patient unit.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain a lot of experience working in our Adults with mental health conditions. You will be joining a supportive, friendly, caring organisation where you will be valued and work as part of team. You will receive regular supervision, have the support of your manager and colleagues and have plentiful opportunities to expand your skills and knowledge.
Role: A fulltime position, a fixed term 12-month contract with a high possibility of becoming permanent. This is a Monday to Friday position.
The specific duties and requirements attached to this position are:
- To provide a professional social work service to the attending patient population, family and relevant others.
- To carry a caseload and perform the duties required of a Senior Social Worker as a member of multi-disciplinary teams.
- To work as a member of a General Adult Multi-Disciplinary Team, under the clinical leadership of the Consultant Psychiatrist.
- To report to the Head of Department on matters of professional practice and development, in accordance with the Statutory requirements of CORU, the Social Work Regulatory body.
- To maintain competent standards in the exercise of assessment, diagnostic, therapeutic and recording procedures and to keep abreast of developments in the field.
- To assist in service evaluation, standard setting and professional audit procedures.
- To supervise and act as a practice teacher to students on placement within the hospital who are pursuing social work training courses in consultation with the relevant universities and the head of department.
- A recognised qualification as a Social Worker
- Registration with CORU essential
- A minimum of five years post qualification experience with significant adult mental health experience is required for this post.
- A post graduate qualification in individual/family therapy or equivalent will be an advantage. Demonstrate an ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary mental health team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, initiative, teamwork and time management skill
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills.
- The Senior Social Worker is expected to be flexible in this position
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience supplying Allied Health and Social Care professionals across acute hospitals, community, primary care facilities, mental health services, disability services, social care organisations within the Public and Private sector across Ireland.
To discuss this role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke
Seniorsocialworker #medicalsocialworker #socialworkerjob #mentalhealth #eatingdisorderunit #specifiedpurposecontract #psychiatrichospital #fulltimesocialworker #lincolnhealthcare #lincolnrecruitmentspecialists #dublinjobs