Are you looking for a deeply rewarding role that challenges you each day?
I am looking to recruit an enthusiastic, motivated Social Care Worker on behalf of a residential service in Tipperary.
My client is an exciting employer that has a different culture than is customary in many places providing social care. And the sense of community is important to all people who are a part of this endeavor. They are part of an international movement working with people with intellectual disabilities and other kinds of special needs.
Contract & Salary Details: This is a full time, permanent post based in Co. Tipperary; working 40 hours per week. There is a mix of day shifts and night shifts (wake/sleeping). Bank Holiday and Overtime bonus are provided.
- Day to day running of the service, ensuring each service user received person centered care
- Act as a Key Worker for specific individuals.
- Ensure needs of service users are met
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a wider team
- Facilitate, encourage and develop the choice,decision-making skills and self advocacy of people who use the services.
- Ensure safety in the setting to include moving and handling, fire safety, cleaning, laundry, infection control, mobility and communication needs
- Participate in supporting individuals with personal care – to include dressing, personal hygiene, assistance with eating, skin care, health promotion.
- Ensure that all legislative, local polices and HIQA requirements are adhered to and complied with by continuous monitoring, inspection and audit of the designated centre.
- A minimum of a QQI Level 7 or equivalent relevant qualification in Health or Social Care
- Have 2 experience of working with vulnerable adults or adults with intellectual disabilities.
- A full driver’s licence and availability of own car is an essential requirement.
- Open to working shifts including days, nights and weekends
Benefits of working with my client
- Competitive salary
- Pay scales
- Career progression opportunities
- Work/life balance
- Paid annual leave
- Refer a friend scheme
- Employee Assist Programme offering advice and counselling
- Death in Service Benefit
- Paid mandatory training
- Paid travel expenses
If you are interested in this role and want to find out more please contact me on the below:
Rebecca Corbett is an Allied Health recruitment consultant with Lincoln Healthcare Recruitment. At Lincoln Healthcare we specialise in recruiting top talent for the public and private healthcare sector across acute hospitals, community, primary care facilities, mental health services, disability services, social care organisations.
To discuss further, please contact me on 0212028199 or 0858628178 or apply on this ad for a confidential callback.
#intellectualdisability #community #socialcare #SCW #SocialCareWorker #ID #personcentered #leadership #Lincolnhealthcare