Are you a registered staff nurse who’s passionate about providing excellent care to young people with disabilities?
I am looking to speak with enthusiastic, compassionate, hardworking nurses who want to make a real difference in the lives of young people.
On behalf of our client, a rapidly growing children’s residential service that provides services to both children and adults, we are recruiting staff nurses to take up fulltime, permanent positions in Sligo city.
If you are looking to make a real difference and have the aspiration, capability and dedication, our client will give you the support and opportunities to help you achieve your career goals.
Job Purpose To lead the care team to ensure the delivery of excellent standards of care, to prescribe, deliver and supervise the execution of excellent standards of care in accordance with my clients’ policies and procedures. Promoting rehabilitation where appropriate and independence where possible and desired with dignity and respect such that the lives of our residents is as they would wish it, and chose it, to be. The successful candidate will provide a professional, high-quality, safe and caring one-to-one nursing service to service users with complex medical needs. You will join a multidisciplinary team of social care workers, nurses and healthcare assistants who are supported by a range of other professionals including psychologists, behavioural therapists, occupational therapists and speech and language therapists.
· Competitive salaries offered up to €47,415 per annum, depending on experience. Sundays are paid at 1.5 times and Bank Holidays at a premium rate of double time.
· Pension- Company PRSA
· Statutory sick pay and income continuance scheme.
· Nurse led service
· Continued Professional Training & Further Education opportunities
· Deliver and oversee the highest possible standards of person-centred care – continually assessing our residents’ needs and wishes, developing the service to enhance their quality of life.
·Champion appropriate independence and personal choice; developing, reviewing, and updating care plans to meet our residents changing physical, social, and psychological needs.
·Oversee all aspects of medicine management on your shift – ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored, and administered to our residents, in accordance with company policies and current legislation.
·Build and market the positive reputation of the business; communicate warmly and professionally with all visitors, including family, friends, and other external stakeholders.
· Ensure all elements of resident experience are positive, from admission to discharge.
· Participate knowledgably and professionally in all inspection visits from HIQA, Local Authority and Tulsa, ensuring your teams are ready at all times to do the same.
· Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory, and best practice guidelines – ensure risks are proactively managed and issues identified and reported appropriately
· Ensure you follow a rigorous monitoring and recording practice; documenting efficiently and thoroughly all matters relating to our residents and employees. E.g. timely assessment on admission, person centred care planning, on-going review, and incident reporting.
· NMBI Registered Nurse
· The ability to lead a team
· Numerate and literate with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
· Understands and effectively uses IT and communication systems required for the role
· Able to analyse problems and propose solutions
· Sensitive to and respectful of the values, views and needs of others
· Able to effectively prioritise workload
· Ability to develop internal and external business relationships based on mutual respect and professionalism
· Ability to work under pressure whilst motivating their team
· Encourages knowledge sharing and best practice.
· Experience of delivering nursing care within health care sector (Desirable)
· People Management experience (Desirable)
· Experience of participating in quality and clinical governance programmes, including audit and care services (Desirable)