Lincoln Healthcare are proud to be working with a well-established private hospital in Cork City in search of a full-time Theatre Manager to coordinate and manage the activity of the Hospital’s theatre areas (including 6 Theatres, Endoscopy and Sterile Services)
Main duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to)
- Formulate, implement and evaluate service plans and budgets in co-operation with multi-disciplinary team.
- Provide a high level of professional and clinical leadership.
- Manage patient care to ensure the highest professional standards using an evidence based, care planning approach.
- Manage all resources efficiently and effectively within agreed budget.
- Facilitate co-ordination, co-operation and liaison across multi-disciplinary teams and programmes.
- Ensure that effective safety procedures are developed and managed to comply with statutory obligations, in conjunction with relevant staff.
- Manage communication at ward and department level.
- Participate in the identification, development and delivery of education, training and development programmes for nursing and non-nursing staff.
- Contribute to the formulation, development and implementation of policies and procedures at area and hospital level.
- Lead and implement change,
- Facilitate team building and staff motivation.
- Promotes a safe work environment by accessibility of safe equipment and adequate supplies in an efficient manner.
- Operationalises and participates in continuous quality improvement, JCI and other accreditation and risk management programs
- Monitors budget to control operational and capital expenditures while monitoring and adjusting staffing patterns to optimise theatre productivity.
- Interfaces with consultants on a regular basis maintaining professional relationships, proactive communication and acting as a liaison between all levels of staffing and hospital management.
- The Theatre Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the department and nursing staff working within the department.
Qualifications / Experience required:
- Current registration with NMBI, or equivalent body
- A minimum of 5 years theatre experience (post-registration)
- Proven track record in people management and the management of teams
- Completion of a Management course is essential
Some of the benefits include:
- Free parking
- Subsidised Coffee shop
- Comprehensive sick pay scheme following twelve months of service
- Maternity leave scheme following 2 years of service.
- Financial support for career training and development
- PRSA pension scheme – further information available on request
- Discount Pharmacy rates
- Compassionate Leave
- Canteen facilities with complimentary tea/coffee
- Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Flu Vaccine
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Bicycle parking area
The successful candidate will be passionate about his/her career, consistently perform to high standards, and have excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.